Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My twin brother wants to be white and it tears our relationship apart, we are always at eachother! any advice?

Hi im Sean a 17 year old bi-racial male , part black part white. I have a twin brother Cheyenne who is also mixed but we dont look exactly alike. I was the one born with mainly white features blonde hair blue eyes and physical traits that allow me to pass for fully white like Nicole Richie or Mariah Carey. Now my brother Cheyenne he looks somewhat inbetween and by looking at him you would think he's just a african american boy with good hair and maybe a little bit light like President obama but maybe a bit lighter. Our father died in iraq and our mother is a very strong African American women with a sense of humor so she makes nothing of it at times but for me I get annoyed. My brother straightens his hair like how you would see some white teen in a magazine for example Joe Jonas , when I have the type of hair for that look but I dont go for it I keep a close ceasar cut which is more masculent to me. I have more black friends than he does, He barely even dates black girls and I do because I date every race. He now is in this phase where he thinks he looks like Edward Cullen and girls actully adore my brother but I think his appearance is false and stupid. I appriciate things that he should like our heritage because we are in the middle of two races that barely get along and I try not to pick sides. One time we fought so bad that we were both hospitalized after he called my little sister the ';N'; word. I got angry in the hospital telling him that i am what he wants to be.In reaction to that he called me Hitler breaking us into another fight in the waiting room. Help I feel like I somewhat hate this kid. LMfao but its true.My twin brother wants to be white and it tears our relationship apart, we are always at eachother! any advice?
Much ado about nothing.





Can't believe it's so important to either of you.





Just be the best person you can be, whatever your skin color.My twin brother wants to be white and it tears our relationship apart, we are always at eachother! any advice?
If he wants to act/look like a white person then let him (as long as he doesn't have all those cosmetic surgeries that could make him white). It shouldn't break your relationship apart. So what that he wants to straighten his hair or date girls from different cultures? (I know a black co-worker who wants to date blonde-haired, blue/green-eyed white girls; he just prefers them to other girls, and so does your bro). It's called diversity; individuality. I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously, he can be/act however he wants to (as long as it's not in a bad way). Don't hate your own brother; accept him for who he is. Not everyone has to have the same taste/feel for everything, you know . . .
In the Mexican culture, race is not a big thing. You are human first. Color is no biggie. It seems rare that you would fight, being that you are brothers. Is it because you feel superior to him, or that he feels inferior to you, or what? Let each one of you be what you want to be. You are mesclado or mestizo like most Mexicans. Go to Mexico and no one will care. Cut the cr*p pretending. You both seem to have race issues. Be human and stop playing the old Slavery game of I am whiter than you game. It is sad. Love yourselves as you are and love each other. Life is really short. Remember you carry the genes of your anscestors. Your kids will all show your African and Caucasian heritage to varing degrees. WHO CARES!! It was a slave owner's game.

No comments:

Post a Comment